ASSOCIATE VICE-PRESIDENT RESEARCH
Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) is a community of learning grounded in scholarship
and academic freedom, preparing students to be independent thinkers, ethical leaders, and
citizens for the common good.
CUE campus is situated on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River in Edmonton’s historic
Highlands neighborhood. Supporting a student body of over 3,000, we are known for our small
class sizes and our excellence in teaching. Our small classes and diverse student population
provide an excellent opportunity for engaging with students in a sustained and nurturing way
unique within the Canadian university system. CUE is an institution that values research in the
sciences, social sciences, humanities, and management. Our vision is to become Canada’s preeminent small university.
CUE is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Vice-President of Research. Reporting to
the Vice President Academic and Provost this position will oversee the Office of Research
Services and all matters related to the research activity of faculty and students at CUE.
• Oversee, support, and manage the research activities, of both faculty and students
• Work in collaboration with faculty, students, and administration to continue to
implement the Strategic Research Plan.
• Ensure policy, procedures, and various relevant structures are developed and revised as
• Advance CUE’s research, encouraging internal and external strategic collaborations,
partnerships, and engagement across disciplines.
• Enhance CUE’s success with the federal granting councils, potential donors, and
• Promote inclusive excellence in all research endeavours.
• Strengthen institutional supports that cultivate excellence and success in research
endeavours, supporting CUE’s commitment to outstanding undergraduate and graduate
• Inspire curiosity and creativity, encourage collegiality and collaboration, and empower
the CUE community to be successful in performing a rich array of research activities.
• PhD required
• Appointable at rank of Assistant Professor with demonstrated excellence as a leader and
administrator within a multi-perspective and collegial environment.
• Academic research background required with a track record of advancing the research
mission of an academic unit.
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Demonstrated ability to balance consultation with sound decision-making, and to be an
excellent listener, communicator, motivator, and a person of unassailable integrity and
Closing Date: Position will remain posted until filled.
To apply, please go to https://apply.workable.com/j/4BA6E1C228 and submit a cover letter and
resume in one PDF.
Concordia University of Edmonton encourages applications from members of racialized groups,
visible minorities, First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities,
women, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression, and others who
may support a diversity of perspectives at CUE. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply;
however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all
applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Categories: Job Postings
Leave a Reply