CATR/SQET posting for the CURATOR of the TheatreAgora.ca site
The website and virtual venue TheatreAgora.ca, jointly created and run by CATR and SQET in 2021, needs a new Artistic Curator, starting February 1, 2022.
We are looking for dynamic individuals who will be steering and managing the digital life of TheatreAgora.ca throughout the academic year (see job description below). The Artistic Curator position comes with a $500 honorarium and should count as service for tenure-track or tenured faculty. Passive French-English bilingualism is required. Applicants should have the ability to read and understand the other official language. We value diversity in the vision and management of the site. Priority consideration will be given to applications from women, racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders. Active participation in CATR or SQET is an asset in the application process. Applications should include a single page letter of application describing interest and availability, and a curriculum vitae that details any event coordination or administrative experience. Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by January 31, 2022.
ARTISTIC CURATOR OF THEATREAGORA.CA
Dates of Position: February 1, 2022 – July 1, 2023
Compensation: $500 honorarium.
The Artistic Curator of TheatreAgora.ca will
- Work with the CATR-SQET TheatreAgora.ca committee to create a season (a yearly schedule) of events to take place on the site.
- Regularly report to the CATR-SQET TheatreAgora.ca committee by attending their regular meetings
- Connect with artists & scholars interested in sharing their work through TheatreAgora.ca.
- Meet with artists and scholars to ensure that all needs are clearly communicated and are doable within the limits of TheatreAgora.ca.
- Work in tandem with the Chairs of the SQET and CATR annual conferences, when any portion of those meetings is run online.
- Work in close partnership with the TheatreAgora.ca Technical Director.
- Manage the email address email@example.com, including regular and timely correspondence with the participants, guests and the TheatreAgora.ca committee.
- Provide short writing samples and find images for the website.
- Keep track of all passwords (in association with the Technical Director).
In February 2022, a selected individual will begin their tenure under the mentorship of Neil Silcox, who has been instrumental in creating and running this site in 2021, to continue running the site and its planned activities in the Spring of 2022. They will correspond with Robin Whittaker, the chair of CATR 2022, and Marie-Eve Skelling Desmeules, the chair of SQET 2022. In July 2023, the Artistic Curator of TheatreAgora.ca will begin their curatorial duties and devise a 2022-2023 schedule of activities for the site.
Categories: Contract or Sessional Job Postings