JOB POSTING for CONFERENCE COORDINATOR of the CATR 2022 Conference
CATR 2022: Performing Emergence: RePlay, ReCollect, ReExist is the hybrid conference of the Canadian Association for Theatre Research (https://catracrt.ca). It will be run on the TheatreAgora.ca website through online hosts St. Thomas University (May 27-28) and the University of Toronto Scarborough (June 6-7) and in-person host the University of Lethbridge (June 12-14).
Dates of Position: February 14 – August 1, 2022
Compensation: $8,000 plus airfare, per diem, and accommodation for the in-person conference
Summary: We are seeking an individual with skills in conference or event organization and management, excellent people skills, and a desire to help facilitate an important shift to a hybrid model in CATR’s culture of conferencing.
Work with the Conference Chair and various Conference Committees on the following activities:
• liaise with the Conference Organizing Committee to map out the work of the conference
• make and oversee a task list of all work to be completed and allocate that work to support staff or committees
• oversee all conference support staff
• schedule and chair Organizing Committee meetings
• help facilitate the TheatreAgora.ca website upgrade with the TheatreAgora.ca Technical Director and CATR Conference Technical Director
• liaise with the Conference Technical Director to update and edit the TheatreAgora.ca website
• be a primary contact for members re: the conference, either responding to their requests or directing them to support staff or committees
• work with the Fundraising and Financial Management committee to ensure that the conference budget stays on track and that payments are made in a timely fashion
• provide continuity for future conferences by maintaining and archiving conference documents and generating a post-conference report, including best practices recommendations
• attend the in-person conference at the University of Lethbridge (June 12-14)
• be a coordinating and problem solving presence during each of the conference dates
CATR values diversity and inclusion in the vision and management of our annual conference. This position is intended for unemployed or precariously employed scholars and graduate students. Active participation in CATR is an asset in the application process, however current CATR Board Members are not eligible to apply. Applications should include a single-page letter of application describing interest and availability, and a curriculum vitae that details any event coordination or administrative experience
Please send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 7, 2022.
Categories: Contract or Sessional Job Postings