Medicine Hat College’s Division of Arts, Education & Business invites applications for an English Instructor. This is a full-time appointment that extends from September 1, 2020 to May 30, 2021.
Courses for instruction include:
- English 202 – Reading and Writing about Literature I
- English 203 – Reading and Writing about Literature II
- English 252 – Introductory Composition
Details of these courses can be found in the college calendar or online at www.mhc.ab.ca/ProgramsandCourses/Academic-Programs/AcademicCalendar.
- A PhD is required; interest in other aspects of learning and schooling will be considered an asset
- Teaching experience at the post-secondary level would be a definite asset
- Equivalent combinations of post-secondary education and relevant work experience may be considered
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a high functioning, student focused team
- Strong passion and commitment to learners and learning
Known for our focus on students – and our innovative and collaborative nature – Medicine Hat College proudly serves over 8,000 learners each year. Committed to the communities of southeastern Alberta, Medicine Hat College is a learner-focused provider of quality education, training, and services. Operating with a culture of excellence and numerous benefits, the College is a great place to work, learn and grow. MHC is a proud member of Campus Alberta and welcomes partnership that benefit our students and communities. To learn more visit www.mhc.ab.ca
Please provide your curriculum vitae, a cover letter outlining your suitability for this position, and the names of three references quoting Competition #120081. This competition will remain open until suitable candidate is found. However, review ofapplications will begin June 26.
Please indicate in your cover letter where you first saw the ad for this position.
Submit your application by one of the following methods:
- Email (You can select the “Apply Now” button below.) Please send your application as an attachment in either .doc,.docx,.pdf or .rtf formats (only).
- Canada Post.
Applications will not be accepted via fax
Medicine Hat College
299 College Drive S.E.
Medicine Hat, AB T1A 3Y6
Medicine Hat College is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Only applicants being granted an interview will be contacted. All others are thanked for their interest.