Call for Applications – Jack and Doris Shadbolt Fellowship in the Humanities
The Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences at Simon Fraser University (SFU) is pleased to announce five Jack and Doris Shadbolt Fellowships in the Humanities for the 2020-21 academic year.
Worth up to $60,000/year, these fellowships are designed for engaged scholars, artists, writers, and knowledge keepers who will help us imagine how we can make the world we live in better through the act of world-making in the creative arts and/or publicly engaged scholarship in the humanities, in alignment with the fundamental values of advancing reconciliation and equity, diversity and inclusion, communication, coordination, and collaboration.
Jack and Doris Shadbolt Fellows will:
- Deliver at least one public lecture, performance, or other form of community or public outreach based on their projects
- Be available for informal, occasional consultations with students and faculty
Applicants are asked to submit (via email) a completed application form, a current CV, and a cover letter outlining:
- the project the applicant intends to take up during the fellowship
- the desired primary unit affiliation in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, as well as secondary unit affiliation, as applicable
- length of fellowship desired
- names and contact information of two references
Applicants should consult www.sfu.ca/fass/shadbolt to download the form and for more detailed information.
Apply by December 18, 2019