We’re hiring a Sales and Marketing Coordinator!
Deadline for applications is June 2.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining, managing, and ideally taming our Filemaker database
- Tracking sales, and processing and analyzing sales reports
- Processing royalties
- Assisting with foreign rights sales
- Some liaison with our American and Canadian distributors
- Keeping metadata up to date
- Helping with grant applications
- Maintaining our relationships with bookstores
- Growing our academic, library, and nontraditional sales
- Pursuing sales for ebooks and audiobooks
- Lending a hand with a million other things
What you’ll need:
- An affinity for independent Canadian publishing
- An interest in the Coach House list and our ‘personality’
- A solid knowledge of Filemaker and Excel
- Ideally, some familiarity with Quark and QuickBooks
- At least two years’ experience in the publishing industry, ideally in an administrative capacity
- Careful attention to detail
- Senses of adventure and humour, and some hustle
- An enthusiasm for the business side of publishing
This is a full-time position, located in our charming but eccentric, squirrel-infested coach house in downtown Toronto, working with our publicist, our digital and production manager, and our publishing assistant, and reporting to our editorial director. Some evening and weekend work (events) is required. The pay isn’t brilliant, but what we lack in money we make up for in flexibility and fun.
Please send your resume and cover letter in a single PDF document to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please list your three favourite books. Please also choose one Coach House book and suggest an unusual place you might imagine selling it.
Deadline: June 2, 2017.