Job Title:Professor – Indigenous Studies
Department:School of Liberal Studies
Posting Date:Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Closing Date:Tuesday, April 25, 2017 (midnight)
We require a passionate and engaged professor of Indigenous Studies to teach and develop related programming.
- PhD in Indigenous Studies or related field
- Minimum of three years teaching experience at the post-secondary level with demonstrated ability to teach a comprehensive and diverse range of curricula based on First Nations, Metis and Inuit content inclusively.
- Five years of experience working with Indigenous communities
- Established roots in Indigenous and First Nation communities and/or associated governance and service groups
- Demonstrated ability to ensure program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field by engaging community organizations, participating in professional associations and other academic activities.
- Evidence of success conducting research activities using both Indigenous and community based methodologies preferred
- Knowledge and experience using a Learning Management System (i.e. D2L)
- Strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to ensure program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices in the field by participating in community organizations and professional associations and other scholarly activities
- Able to create and maintain a positive learning environment which supports the diversity of students’ cultures, educational backgrounds and learning styles
- Work in a collaborative, collegial manner both within the department and across the college
- Proven ability to contribute to, and work in, a positive team environment and to foster the same in students
- Computer literacy: Student Information Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
To apply, visit:
Categories: Job Postings