PROFESSOR – LANGUAGE AND LIBERAL STUDIES (2 POSITIONS)
- Location: London, Ontario, Canada
- Posted On: Feb. 22, 2017
- Type: Full-Time
- Category: Faculty
- Salary: $61,638 to $106,853
- Link:https://jobs.fanshawec.ca(link is external)
ABOUT THE EMPLOYER
Fanshawe is a comprehensive college serving the greater London region by providing flexible learning arrangements and experiential education opportunities developed in response to labour market needs.
One of Ontario’s largest colleges – with four campuses in London, Simcoe, St. Thomas and Woodstock – Fanshawe serves close to half a million people with a promise to educate, engage, empower and excite.
We offer more than 200 degree, diploma, certificate and apprenticeship programs to 43,000 students each year, helping people unlock their potential and achieve success in a variety of disciplines including applied arts, business, health care, human services, hospitality and technology.
Fanshawe also plays an important role in providing re-skilling and skill upgrading opportunities for mature learners through the design and delivery of custom training for federally and provincially sponsored trainees, community organizations, sectoral training councils and private sector employers in the business, health, industrial and services sectors.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Professor – Language and Liberal Studies (2 Positions) (GEN 201700023)
School of Language and Liberal Studies
Faculty of Arts, Media and Design
Employment Group: Faculty
Type of Position: Full-Time Permanent
Hours of Work Per Week: 44
Closing Date for Internal Applications (Full-time or Partial Load): March 1, 2017
Closing Date for External Applications: March 8, 2017
A full-time Professor at Fanshawe College is responsible for providing academic leadership and for developing an effective learning environment for students. The successful candidate will teach Writing, Communications, and a variety of Interdisciplinary courses in the School of Language and Liberal Studies.
- Combination of excellent leadership and teaching skills with a strong commitment to academic excellence and student success
- Excellent communicator
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide variety of learners incorporating principles of universal design
- Demonstrated experience with educational technologies required
- Related industry work experience, previous college teaching experience and knowledge of curriculum design and student evaluations are assets
- Master’s degree in Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, History or related discipline required at time of application
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, History or related field preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in English Literature and Language, Communications, Rhetoric, Writing, Comparative Literature, or Philosophy preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Education desirable
- Experience and expertise in teaching and designing courses from foundational College entry level to University level preferred
- Experience in online/blended/web-enhanced course development design and delivery preferred
Approximate Start Date: August 14, 2017
Salary: Determination of starting salaries is based on relevant teaching/occupational experience and relevant formal qualifications, supported with original transcripts from granting institutions. The salary scale is $61,638 to $106,853 along with a comprehensive benefit package.
Partial load or full-time academic staff presently employed with the College will be given first consideration in accordance with the Academic Collective Agreement.
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp(link is external)
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.
Don’t forget to mention you found this opportunity via Academica Careers
Categories: Job Postings
Leave a Reply