Administrative Coordinator (CR0451)
- Acts as resource person regarding the unit’s policies and procedures. Resolves problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resource persons to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Participates in ensuring the smooth functioning of the unit. Recommends procedural changes to enable unit to function more effectively. Collaborates with supervisor and others in establishing work priorities. Follows up on and ensures appropriate implementation of decisions made by supervisor.
- Updates, prepares and coordinates publication of documents such as publicity brochures, departmental handbooks, and annual reports. Drafts correspondence and other short documents of a complex nature. Formats documents and edits for grammar, spelling and accuracy. Takes notes and types various documents such as correspondence, reports, memos. Signs certain documents.
- Compiles information in order to prepare grant applications, liaises with other institutions in this compilation, and coordinates their submission. Acts as a resource person concerning internal policies and procedures and those of granting agencies. Ensures information is complete and that the guidelines are followed.
- Provides information to callers and visitors. Determines reason for call or visit and prepares necessary documents. Directs callers and visitors to appropriate resource persons. Assesses need for intervention of other resource persons and arranges appointments as necessary.
- Screens and sorts mail. Prepares files attaching appropriate supporting documentation and researching information as required. Responds to requests within area of responsibility. Notes required actions and ensures follow-up.
- Schedules meetings, contacts participants and books meeting rooms. Assists with preparation of agenda. Attends meetings, takes minutes, and follows up on decisions within area of responsibility.
- Uses a variety of software. Maintains computerized information systems and participates in their development to improve efficiency within the unit. Acts as a resource person concerning the use of software. Explains and demonstrates the use of software, resolves problems within area of expertise, and liaises with computer resource persons as required. Maintains and updates administrative files. Maintains filing systems and arranges for archiving.
- Uses standard office equipment such as personal computer, typewriter, calculator, photocopier and fax machine.
The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
DEP (Secretarial/Office Systems)
Four (4) years related experience
*Internal candidates: Please provide your McGill ID number when applying.*
Please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, clearly indicating the reference number:
McGill University, Human Resources (Staffing)
688 Sherbrooke Street West, suite 1520