OCUFA is looking for a new Engagement and Campaigns Coordinator.
Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the successful candidate for the Engagement and Campaigns Coordinator position will help to build a strong network of mobilized faculty and faculty association leaders who can work together to improve terms and conditions of employment for faculty and academic librarians, at both the provincial and local level.
Areas of Responsibility
- Working with, developing, and mobilizing faculty leaders in local associations and OCUFA.
- Planning and carrying out central advocacy campaigns related to Ontario faculty concerns and key issues, as identified by the OCUFA Executive and Board, and the OCUFA Collective Bargaining Committee.
- Educating and training faculty association and OCUFA leaders as well as staff on how to successfully develop volunteer member organizers to engage members, and build solidarity, through workshops and the creation of relevant materials.
- Assisting local associations in developing a strong network of local stewards or equivalent positions to work with faculty association leadership in administering the collective agreement, and build solidarity within the faculty association, where requested.
- Assisting in faculty association union or other organizing campaigns, where requested.
- Developing and working in coalition with university sector allies in the advancement of shared goals through common campaigns.
- Demonstrated understanding of internal member organizing and campaign coordination tools and processes.
- Ability to take initiative, be self-directed and creative in developing campaigns and organizing tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills; experience with meeting facilitation and adult education.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage and prioritize work subject to tight deadlines in a dynamic and changing environment, as an individual and as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and deliver on short-term and long-term organizing plans, member development and capacity building goals.
- In-depth knowledge of collective bargaining issues.
- Knowledge of the Ontario higher education sector and competency in French would be an asset.
- Successful candidate shall possess a relevant degree in a related field and relevant experience in the labour movement (or a comparable combination of education and experience).
- Some travel to faculty associations across the province will be necessary.
This is a regular, full-time position at the Policy Officer 2 level. The salary range for this position is $76,000 to $80,000, plus a benefits plan fully paid for by OCUFA and a generous pension plan.
OCUFA is committed to the principle of employment equity, is a unionized and equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Please submit your application with resume and the names of three references by August 6, 2014 to:
You can download a PDF of this posting here.
– See more at: http://ocufa.on.ca/blog-posts/ocufa/ocufa-is-hiring-an-engagement-and-campaigns-coordinator/#sthash.YUnJtEa7.dpuf
Categories: Job Postings