PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH LITERATURES
The Département des littératures invites applications
for an open-rank tenure-track position in Postcolonial literatures
– Teaching Postcolonial literatures at the undergraduate and graduate levels as well as undergraduate courses of pre-1800 British literatures (language of instruction: English);
– Supervising master’s theses and doctoral dissertations;
– Pursuing research in Postcolonial literatures;
– Contributing to the administration of programs related to the teaching of English literatures;
– Participating in departmental and university activities.
– PhD (or PhD near completion) written in English with specialization in Postcolonial literatures in English;
– Research experience in Postcolonial literatures (relevant publications or research grants);
– University teaching experience;
– Ability to teach Postcolonial and pre-1800 British literatures;
– Working knowledge of French and perfect command of oral and written English;
– Aptitude for teamwork;
– Interest in teaching in a second language environment.
Assets would include an interest in comparative literature and an ability to make links between the candidate’s area of specialization and that of the Canada Research Chair in African Literatures and Francophonie (Francophone Postcolonial literatures).
STARTING DATE FOR THE POSITION: July 1, 2013
Please send a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, three recent letters of reference, and a published article by January 15, 2013 to:
Madame Chantal Hébert
Département des littératures
Pavillon Charles-De Koninck
Québec QC G1V 0A6
No electronic applications will be accepted. All documents must be sent by the date indicated; all incomplete applications will be rejected.
Valuing diversity, Université Laval invites all qualified people to submit applications, in particular women, visible minorities, Natives, and disabled peoples. Priority for this position will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.